From early this year, the ARN (Autoridade Rguladora Nacional) is adding the expiry date on its certificates. Even though previous certificates did not specify any validity, they were also limited to 5 years - please be advised to check any certificates from Guinea-Bissau accordingly.
Radio Type Approval, Homologation, Certification Services - Global Market Access Solutions
We can offer you reliably all services concerning Type Approval in Guinea-Bissau (Bissau). Our distinguished contact with the authority in Guinea-Bissau (Bissau), our good relationship to Autoridade reguladora Nacional (ARN) as well as the qualification in the homologation of consumer and automotive RF-products and Short Range Devices (SRD) in ISM-Frequency band will create your market access in Guinea-Bissau trouble-free and cost-effective.
We will assist you to put your product successfully on the market by offering the following services:
- Identify applicable requirements for your specific product or technology feature to comply with current regulations in safety, EMC, wireless, etc.
- Provide pre-compliance testing during the design and development phase to determine compliance
- Assist in completion of applications and other required forms
- Test in our accredited labs or your qualified facilities to issue CB Test Report and Certificate with applicable national differences and other test reports for wireless, etc.
- Handle entire submittal process including working with local testing and certification organizations
- Arrange for initial factory inspections that are required before certification issuance
- Coordinate verification testing on qualified products as needed
- Facilitate and expedite project progress with support of IB-Lenhardt AG local team and/or partner
- Support renewal maintenance of certificates as needed
- User manual translation service when needed
For Guinea-Bissau we can offer you a short termed tentative offer based upon a submitted Datasheet of the device:
GEO / MAP of Guinea-Bissau
General information about Guinea-Bissau
Degree of latitude
Degree of longitude
CFA Franc BCEAO
Portuguese, Criolo, African languages
Size (in km²)
Population (as of 2011)
Country code according to ISO 3166-2
Country code according to ISO 3166-3
Certificate Example for Guinea-Bissau
Authority / Regulatory Body
Autoridade reguladora Nacional (ARN)
Validity Period of Certification
In-Country Testing Required?
Average lead time for radio type approval
News for Guinea-Bissau
ARN Adds Validity To Certificates
Type Approval Procedure into force again
After a four months suspension, ARN-TIC, Guinea Bissau`s Type Approval agency, is now receiving requests and issuing Type Approval certificates. The Type Approval procedure remains unchanged.
(24GHz, 77GHz, 79GHz, UWB)
(315MHz, 433MHz, 868MHz)
(125kHz, 315MHz, 433MHz, 868MHz)
(Tank Level, Positions-Radar)
(315MHz, 433MHz, 868MHz)
(125kHz, 13,56MHz, 868MHz)
(24GHz, 60GHz, 79GHz)
Safety Information for Guinea-Bissau
The Type C electrical plug (or Europlug) is a two-wire plug that has two round pins. It fits into any socket that accepts 4.0 – 4.8 mm round contacts on 19 mm centres. They are being replaced by E, F, J, K or N sockets which work perfectly with Type C plugs. Type C plugs are generally limited for use in appliances that require 2.5 amps or less.